A great baked ham recipe....try this one !
- 6 lb. fully cooked bone in half ham
- 3 lb. potatoes, pared and thinly sliced
- 4 med. onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 2 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. honey or corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Wipe ham with damp paper towels. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan.
2. Bake ham, uncovered, for 1 1/4 hours.
3. Place potatoes, onions and 2 teaspoons salt in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boiling and boil gently 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Drain.
4. Melt butter in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Add flour, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and paprika and stir until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to gentle boil, stirring constantly; boil gently 3 minutes. Set sauce aside.
5. Remove baked ham from oven. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Mix brown sugar, honey and mustard; pat mixture on ham. Insert meat thermometer in center of baked ham, away from bone.
6. Place baked ham in center of 3 quart shallow baking dish or shallow casserole. Spoon drained potato mixture around baked ham. Pour sauce over potato mixture. Sprinkle potatoes with paprika.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 130 degrees and sauce is bubbling. The baked ham recipe is ready...enjoy it !